Shadows Sing Side-Stories Ch. 2 part 6 (final part of chapter 2)

“Our boy was telling me that Penny and he had an argument yesterday. It sounded like a simple lovers’ quarrel. Less tense than ours was back in the day,” mother said. 

“You going to try to talk things out today with her?” mother asked. 

"Yes, I'm thinking of taking her to her favorite coffee shop and see if we can have a chance to talk things out then. At least to let her know how much I care about her and that I am willing to work with her," I said.

“That’s important,” father said.

With that, my father asked Tina what she is doing during school today. She gave a long-winded story about everything a seven-year-old could say about their school. She also talked about her friends, teacher, bullies, and everyone. I finally got a text back from Penny with one work, Kay. Is she still upset about last night? Her text usually has more than just kay. I can feel my stomach turn with anxiety. Please don't let her still be upset. Please let us be able to talk and work this out.

I excused myself from the table and headed out to meet Penny. I got to the shop before her which still made me scared. What if she does not show? To help me convince myself that she will come I go ahead and order our drinks. I know Penny’s usual coffee habits after four years. I brought our drinks over to your usual spot in the store. Close to the book clue group with a comfortable red love set, Penny thinks is the best seat in the house. I am halfway through my coffee when Penny shows up.

"Hey, honey!" Penny said, "I want to say I'm sorry about how I was acting last night. The stress of everything was getting to me and I did not mean to take it out on you. So, can we try not to think about friend stuff today?"

“Sure,” I said. 

I'm glad we aren't fighting anymore but I really don't feel less on edge. I still don't like not knowing what happened to begin with. I don't want to risk going through that again. But I should be happy to have my Penny back. She also said she was sorry and wants to focus on us now. It's that enough?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September news about the second volume of Shadows Sing

Shadows Sing Side-Stories Ch. 4 part 1

Greeting from the Author of Shadows Sing