Shadows Sing Side Stories Ch. 2 Part 3

"Well, perhaps you can help us? We want to understand what happened that night. You might know. You were the last person, I remember seeing her with," I said without much thought.

“That does sound reasonable. I would seem suspicious to you since you last saw her going to see the view on the balcony with me. She did not stay with me for long. Only for about four minutes before asking where the restroom was. Poor girl, she did not look well. I was only told later by our employee Maggy that she got a cab for the girl to go home. Apparently, she was not feeling good and did not want to ruin your time," Mr. White said.

That does sound like something Vox would do. She was always the type of person to sooner help others with their problems than be the time of a person to let others know when she is the one in pain. 

“Can we possibly talk with Maggy?” I asked.

"I would be happy to send her your way. However, she is not working this evening. She had requested some time off too to visit with family. However, given the police conversations, she is likely home. Before you ask your next question; the answer is no. I can't just tell you where an employee lives," Mr. White said. 

I felt defeated and I saw Mr. White smile.

“I know I was not much help to you as you would like me to be. For that I am sorry. But I can see that you are a determined type of person. I am also sorry I never asked for your name properly Mr…" Mr. White said inviting me to tell him my name. 

“Damien Porter," I said.

“Mr. Porter, I see that you are a determined person and I have no doubt that you may be able to find some clue to this mess. If there is any way that is in my power to help you find your missing friend, all you need to do is ask. Perhaps if you ever find yourself also needing work, I would be happy to offer you a job here. I think it’s safe to say that you are more mindful than your cousin,” Mr. White said. 

I did not know how to take that offer. I did not even think that this club would offer me a job. Bruce was always going on about how amazing his job was when he was not working. I bet Bruce would be upset if I did apply though. Even more so now that he is getting fired.

“Thank you for the offer, Mr. White,” I said. 

Mr. White smiled and nodded before heading into the club. I try to wrap my head around it all while heading back home with Penny. It was not until we got back to her house that I began to notice that she was quiet the whole time. It's not like her.

“Pretty crazy day,” I said to break the tension.

Penny just looked out her car's side window without a response.

“Hey, I want to thank you for helping me out earlier today. With that one hot-headed guy who had the nerve to tear down our flier. If it was not for you and Sasha holding me back, I could have gotten myself into a mess,” I said. 

Penny signs.

“Are you going to take up Mr. White’s job offer?” Penny asked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September news about the second volume of Shadows Sing

Shadows Sing Side-Stories Ch. 4 part 1

Greeting from the Author of Shadows Sing